SMCBA now offers audio and video self-study MCLE programs!
If you still need more MCLE hours, consider this sweet MCLE deal. Members and Non-Members can purchase self-study CD’s of Funky Credit Day 2018, and earn 6.25 hours of MCLE, including 4 hours of Legal Ethics, 1.25 hour of Elimination of Bias, and 1 hour of Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection.
The full video program is $150 for Members and $185 for Non-Members. Both Members and Non-Members also have the option of purchasing individual sessions; $30 per 1 hour of MCLE credit for Members, and $65 for Non-Members. To facilitate your study, you will receive the CD audio files and handouts for the sessions you purchase all in one CD.
Everyone can use more credits! For more information, visit our Self-Study page.
GROUP 1 (A-G)
Period: 2/1/16 – 1/31/19
GROUP 2 (H-M)
Period: 2/1/15 -1/31/18
GROUP 3 (N-Z)
Attorneys are required to complete a total of 25 hours of approved credit every three years.
- Maximum “self-study” hours: 12.5 hours
- Members must fulfill at least one-half of their MCLE requirement with activities approved for “participatory” MCLE credit.
- Special Requirements within the total hours required (may be taken as participatory or self-study):
- Legal Ethics: 4 hours (required)
- Competence Issues (formerly known as Prevention, Detection and Treatment of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness): 1 hour (required)
- Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society: 1 hour (required)